Saturday, August 6, 2011

Fabric Covered Canvas Keyholder

I decided to get crafty this week and make something that I saw online. I actually found the inspiration for this project on Pinterest (see my link over to the right?). It was super easy and really fun. The hardest part for me was deciding which fabric to use from my mom's stash! I wanted something that wouldn't clash with my decor (i.e., my hideous couch). My mom pointed out that there is nothing in this world that doesn't clash with the couch, so I should just pick something I like and that way whatever fabric I chose wouldn't clash with my future, more stylish couch. With the help of my sister, I was able to finally decide on a fabric to use. It's been about 5 days and I still love it :) I added a little something to the design by picking up some small wooden letters at the craft store and painting them before I attached them with some E6000. The end result turned out looking like this...


It's a key holder that goes by the door! I attached a simple picture frame hook the the back of the canvas and stuck a nail in the wall, and it worked out great! It was incredibly simple to make, and (not including the time it took me to pick a fabric) it took me about 15 minutes to put together! It's very handy to have hanging on the wall - I never have to run around frantically looking for my keys before I leave anymore!

2 comments:

  1. Crazy cute! And so is the key holder:>) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Love it, Lauren. But I do feel I should warn you about using too much of that evil600 glue. It can cause birth defects... So just be careful. :)

    ReplyDelete